Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I own a tascam us-144 mmii and, like others, fell into the

I own a tascam us-144 mmii and, like others, fell into the Mavericks trap on my pro book. I have installed both the updated driver and firmware as outlined in your PDF instructions - both are showing as the updated versions on the Tascam control panel (Driver 3.00 d8, firmware 2.03) - yet I still have no sound output. Sound preferences are set to US-MK144 MK11 and midi setup is US-144 MKii (Core Audio) with microphone and speaker icons showing. I have installed and un-installed three times.

Please help
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you and refund your deposit.

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please continue - I would like a resolution if possible.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. What is the OS version on your Macbook?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for my delay in reply - your last mail went straight to my junk box. I am running OS X 10.9.1.

I have installed the latest Tascam driver and firmware from their site, and installed them as per their published instructions. The unit was running fine on Mountain Lion.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Please add us to your contacts so our emails will route to your inbox. It sounds like you've done your homework, 3.0 is correct with 2.03 firmware. One thing I didn't see you say, is that you deleted all other drivers before installing 3.0. Please make sure there is nothing installed for the Tascam before installing 3.0.

Please confirm this, as Mavericks installation is a bit tricky with this interface.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rusty

Thanks for your response... Yes, unfortunately, I have uninstalled all previous drivers using the installer provided by Tascam - three times now. The only thing I can think of doing is deleting any elements of the Tascam drivers manually and trying another re-install. Just worried about missing an element and getting no further forward.

Cheers.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
You will have to get rid of any instance of the old drivers, otherwise it will revert to the old versions. This is the downfall with this particular interface and Mavericks. The drivers haven't caught up with that OS yet. Manually remove the current drivers, and be sure to be thorough. Then install the Mavericks driver. This is not a normal install, due to incompatibility. However, with a clean install, it can be done.
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience: Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting