Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a roland SRV 3030, yesterday whilst scrolling through

Customer Question

I have a roland SRV 3030, yesterday whilst scrolling through some orders I pressed the system button and the display went blank (though still illuminated), the sound dropped out. The word midi displayed in the top right hand side is displayed, but nothing works and it won't return to the main display
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry to hear about your problem. The first thing to do is unplug the unit, and remove the memory card. Wait one minute. Plug it in without the memory card. Does that make any difference?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rusty, my machine doesn't have a memory card in it

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hmmm... For some reason it either lost it's memory, or had a short in the motherboard. How old is the unit? Did unplugging make any difference?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think the unit is probably 8/10 yrs old, and unplugging doesn't make any difference

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, that's a main processor fail. Since the display went out, as well as the audio, the processor got confused, and stopped letting power through it. One last thing before I call it completely dead. While unplugged, hold one of the buttons for at least one minute to drain any residual power from the unit. If the processor isn't burned out, this will reset it.

If you're still having no luck, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that it is beyond repair. Click here, and you will find replacements for less than it would cost to repair it. I recommend you save the dead one for parts in case you need it in the future. I'm sorry there wasn't a more simple answer.