Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

yamaha electone el 70 speakers went off (with a click ) but

yamaha electone el 70 speakers went off (with a click ) but headphones still work
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Did it click from the speaker, or from the circuitry? Was it more of a click, or a pop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was a sort of click but there was music coming from the speakers at that very moment
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, let's test the easiest stuff first. Over time, the headphone jack can get worn out. If it closes the circuit, it will shut off your amplifier.

Use rubbing alcohol, and dip the headphone jack in it. Run it in and out of the headphone jack about 10 times. Repeat 5-6 times to break up the tarnish, and tell me if you see any improvement.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As it's late I will try that tomorrow and get back to you and give you a rating thanks
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
No problem, we are on different continents. If this doesn't clear it up, we can do some advanced troubleshooting. This is the first thing to check, because it requires no disassembly. I look forward to your reply.