Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have Korg Pa 588, I like to play a melody (right-hand) using

I have Korg Pa 588, I like to play a melody (right-hand) using accompaniment style (left-hand). I record this using backing sequence with volumes balanced, but when I playback
often the style volume is greatly increased; what am I doing wrong or not doing right
any help would be much appreciated thanks Ian.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. If I'm reading this right, you play a 2 part song, it sounds fine when you play it, but when you play it back, one side of the keyboard is louder than the other? Are you listening with headphones, or something else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Rusty, yes, you're reading it right. I am listening with headphones

also without at times - same result.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, in your OSC multisample menu, what is the setting under Level? Be sure to give me both the high and low register values.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you've lost me, where can I find OSC multisample menu

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
This is a multi-step process. Click here for the advanced editing guide. Basically you need to get to where you can select sounds, and edit them. That is where you will find the OSC multisample. Page 4, bottom right shows how to adjust the level. Tell me where your levels are set. This is most likely the spot that needs adjustment, however there are other stops along the way before recording.

Also, make sure if you see the option of pre/post, that you set all of your parameters to post. If you select pre, your levels will sound great in your headphones, because it passes through another oscillator. If you set them to post, it will record the actual sound you hear in the headphones.