Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Yamaha 9000 work stationPlease advise small home amplfier

Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm a sound engineer. Can you explain your speakers a little better, so that I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought a cheap pair of speakers with woofer

two slim line speakers which sit on each end of the keyboard

sound not very satisfactory.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, that's the thing with cheap speakers... They are going to also sound cheap. Do you have a surround sound system in your house, or another stereo you can use? If not, that's OK, I can help you find some good reference speakers. I know of many models.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No suitable other sound systems

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again

No suitable other sound systems

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I'll give you a few choices, and you can pick depending on your needs.

1. Click here. These are studio monitors. Although they don't come with a sub, the frequency response is fairly accurate, and you will get great sound from your desk.

2. Click here. This AV receiver will connect your TV, DVD, CD, keyboard, etc... all into one box. You will need to buy Klipsch speakers and a sub to use this AV receiver.

3. Click here. This is a powered speaker, portable, with deep frequency response.

4. Click here. This is a set of stereo stage monitors. This will be the most replicable setup to a live stage setup. You will need an amplifier to accompany these speakers, please let me know if you choose this option.

Take a look, and let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Far too expensive and powerful. Just want one to use in my front room.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
If you want good sound, you're looking at, at least $100, even for good headphones. Since you're on a budget, here is a speaker from a new company, but it will have the frequency range to give you better, less tinny sound. Click here.
If you want great sound, it comes with a price. This is the closest to good sound, and low price as you're going to get. You sacrifice one with the other when it comes to good sound.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again Rusty,

Will it be OK for it to be used in the UK (240volts)

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
You're in luck. As I was looking for the UK version, I found a better speaker for less money. Click here. This is in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rusty,

Thanks for your help . Have decided on the speaker you have just sent us.

Bye John