Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience.
27991594

R 8M. After powering up, all that happens is NOTE# XXXXX blinks.

R 8M. After powering up, all that happens is NOTE# XXXXX blinks. Nothing else works ?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Did you press enter twice after powering up with Enter and Right Cursor? If not, make sure to do so in order to complete the Hard Reset.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are no prompts to press Enter, but I tried pressing it twice, but still the same problem.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
There's something seriously wrong then as you should get a screen that says:

**INITIALIZE**
Press Enter.

Make sure nothing is connected to it including Ram Cards. If it still won't give you the option to Initialize with the right cursor and Enter then it will need to be serviced because it's not a software issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still no joy. Can you recommend a good place to have it repaired ?

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Roland would be the best company to use for repairs but if you can provide me with your zip code, I can see if there are any localrepair shops in your area.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Zip Code : PE6 7TD

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
I didn't find anyone that I would trust in your area but Roland does offer repairs on out of warranty products in the UK. The number to call is 01792 702701. The address that they will most likely give you to send it into them is:

Engineering Dept., Roland UK Ltd, Atlantic Close, Swansea, SA7 9FJ