Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hi. I have a Roland Integra 7 sound module connected to a Yamaha

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Roland Integra 7 sound module connected to a Yamaha Electone EL-90 organ. I'm attempting to use the expression pedal of the organ to control the expression on the sound module. When the pedal is moved the midi light on the sound module indicates that it is receiving a message but I cannot get the sound module to respond accordingly. I've followed procedures from Roland tech support including a factory reset but with no success.
I've contacted Yamaha and also I've tested the specific midi message being sent from the organ. I connected my laptop to the midi thru port on the Integra 7 and using some midi monitoring software I can confirm that the Expression CC 11 message is being sent from the Yamaha on channel 16. Also, when using virtual organ software on the laptop the Expression functions just fine without having to change any settings at all. I now have no idea what to try next. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Mark
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mark, my name is Rusty. There is only one thing that you didn't mention, and that is the receive channel on the Integra 7. Since you've monitored midi channel 16 and see the command, be sure that Integra 7 is set to receive on channel 16 as well. That way they will all be on the same channel, and can communicate.

Please tell me the results.