Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hi i have a Roland td30 k drum kit and after a little while

Hi i have a Roland td30 k drum kit and after a little while the cymbals start to crackle and don`t know why?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you and refund your deposit.

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I`ll leave it if thats ok Adam. Thankyou

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Crackles on those drum machines can be caused by a few different issues. One is digital clipping. If you find that they are crackling when you hit them hard, but not when you hit them softly, reduce the level of the cymbals.

The next is digital burn-in crackle. This is caused by static in the microprocessor. It is possible that you have "dirty power" in your house. Use an AM radio, and touch the antenna to the wall plate where the drum module is plugged in. If it whines or squeals loudly, you have a component that is injecting dirty power. Check for computer chargers, phone chargers, or other power supplies with the AM antenna, then disconnect the problematic part.

The third is weak capacitors. If it is old, it's likely that the electronics are wearing out. Reduce the volume to extend the life, or have the capacitors replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have been in touch with the dealer i bought it from and has been sent away for replacement, so your help was very disappointing

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry you feel that way, it's probably best that you get a replacement when it's acting that way. You asked this question on my day off, so I apologize for the delay.
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience: Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting