Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hi i have bought my son a Roland FA-06 and Korg Volca Bass

Hi i have bought my son a Roland FA-06 and Korg Volca Bass and scarlett 2i4 audio interface How do i wire up these devices and a laptop together to make it all work ? Advice would be greatly appreciated ! im at a loss with it and want to set it all up for his birthday in a few days time ! Many thanks ***** *****

A diagram showing audio leads , midi leads and the like would be really helpful showing what connects to which bit of kit etc !

Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael, my name is***** an audio engineer. I set up digital audio workstations (DAWs) frequently. Which program are you looking to use to record, and which operating system is on the laptop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi he uses FL studios and runs from windows 7 - thanks for getting back to me

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Ok, everything is compatible, so this should be fairly easy. Plug Focusrite into your computer's USB. If the driver does not automatically install, here is the link to download:
http://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-2i4/downloads
That will get the interface talking with FL studio.
Connect the out on the bass module to channel 1 on your Focusrite with a 1/4" instrument cable. It may not look like it fits, but it does. You do not need a driver for the bass module.
Open FL studio. If you're not getting any signal, check your I/O settings, and make sure it's set to input channel 1. It's default, so it should work right away. Let me know if you have any trouble.