MusicTech14
MusicTech14, Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience in service & support of music instruments
60974588

Hi, My KN 7000 has developed a few flat Key Sounds. Can

Hi, My KN 7000 has developed a few ' flat ' Key Sounds.
Can They be RE-TUNED in any way?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MusicTech14 replied 2 years ago.
MusicTech14 :

Hello and thank you for your question.

Keys on a digital piano generally can't go out of tune like on a stringed piano. But they can be programmed to different tunings, to accommodate different types of music that use scales that differ from traditional western music.

Most likely, the scale settings in your KN7000 have somehow gotten changed. You can go in to the menus and edit the scales to locate what has been changed and set it back to what it should be. Information about these scale settings can be found on page 159 of your manual. Or you can do the brute force method of resetting the KN7000 to its original factory settings. That will reset the scales and everything else. So make sure you back-up any edited data that you don't want to lose, like Sequence, Sound memory, Composer, and Pads.

To perform a Factory Reset:

1. Turn off the power.

2. Press and hold the 8 & 16 Beat, Rock &Pop; Ballad, Jazz & Swing buttons in the RHYTHM GROUP

3. While holding these buttons down, turn the power on. Hold the buttons down for a few seconds then release.

I hope I have satisfactorily answered your question. Please let me know if you need any more information or clarification on this issue.