Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hi I have got a Tascam digital portastudio 2488 NEO and I am

Hi I have got a Tascam digital portastudio 2488 NEO and I am having trouble getting my head round making recordings on to a CD.I can make and play back recordings on the device with or without a CD in the tray but when I try to listen to the CD in another device it wont work.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** unit uses internal storage for your songs. Once the song is done, you can burn it to a CD. Here's how:
Confirm that the unit is in its “normal” mode (when multitrack recording is possible). On the AUDIO CD menu, move the cursor to CD WRITER and press YES/ENTER.
The unit checks the diskdisc. After confirming that the diskdisc can be recorded to, a list of songs on the current partition that have recorded master tracks appears on the screen.
Use the JOG/DATA dial to select the song whose master track you want to write to the CD, and press the YES/ENTER key.
Be sure to select FINALIZE YES.
You are asked if you are sure that you want to record the song. Press YES/ENTER to proceed with the recording. CD writing begins. Two seconds of
silence are automatically added to the end of each track recorded to disc.
Since the disc is finalized, you will be able to play the disc on another player. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I need another question answered with my Tascam 2488 NEO.How do I get my new recordings to register in my list of tracks on the device?My order number is ***** password ***** been reset to XXXXXXXXXX(old one XXXXXXX)My email address is *****@******.***,thankyou,Alexander XXXXXXX.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Each track is loaded into a song. Think of the song as a folder that stores all of the tracks in that song. If you want to see the list, load the song the tracks were recorded to, and you'll be able to see the tracks in that song.