MusicTech14
MusicTech14, Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience in service & support of music instruments
60974588

hi I've not used cubase for a while and now have downloaded

hi I've not used cubase for a while and now have downloaded it into a new computer couldn't get my Roland A-500s to communicate with it so I downloaded the drivers off the net plugged it all in and it worked for a few seconds then stopped with the window just showing Lo is it just time for a new controller keyboard ?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MusicTech14 replied 2 years ago.
MusicTech14 :

Hello and thank you for your question. That message simply indicates that you need to replace the batteries in the keyboard. The A500 uses four AA batteries with the battery compartment located on the back panel.

MusicTech14 :

If replacing the batteries does not solve the issue then there may be some type of a hardware problem, but that is not likely.

MusicTech14 :

I just wanted to add that If you are powering it via USB, the Lo message may be indicative of the computer not providing enough power. This commonly occurs with laptops, especially when they are running off of the battery. It can also occur when the computer only supports older USB standards, or if a non-powered USB hub is in use. Placing a powered USB hub between the computer and the keyboard should remedy those types of problems.