Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hi I need some help with the recordings I make on my Tascam

Hi I need some help with the recordings I make on my Tascam 2488 Neo.The CD finished product has got little or no volume when I try to play it back on an ordinary CD player.I fear I might have messed up the Tascam settings.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Yes I will wait for the pofessional to answer the question.Thankyou,Alexander Kellett.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, sorry for the delay. I have been working over the weekend. Let's sort out the problem.
If the volume is too low, it's a mastering issue. When you mix, a lot of the time the final mix will be at a low volume. That's why we have mastering, to bring up the volume to a standard level.
http://c3.zzounds.com/media/i-3691-232-128-0-6ED36FED-72b5aaf50dcc91b9efaf0f994ddf53a0.pdf
Start on page 69 in the manual to master your tracks before you burn to CD, and you will have great results.
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience: Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting