Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a P140 stage piano and aim to start gigging so I need

I have a Yamaha P140 stage piano and aim to start gigging so I need a volume control pedal. What one is suitable?

Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Volume pedals are standard, and you can use any of them that have 1/4" in and out. You will have to send a mono mix to the house engineer. Connect this to the left output, then send the output of the pedal to the engineer.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Quik-Lok-Universal-Volume-Control-Pedal-101718542-i1532206.gc?country=us¤cy=usd&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-uWjBRChu9ie05m5ipgBEiQAuHIuK3TrA1TxX6lHK1rv10GuEupEeFAJPkLpraDT02crRq8aAn938P8HAQ&kwid=productads-plaid^82225823307-sku^[email protected]^PLA-device^c-adid^44639487282
Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your answer but I don't know what you mean by a house engineer. I am connecting to a 100w Roland electric piano amp - can you please explain in more simple terms to an ignorant layman?

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
The house engineer is the person running sound. So, plug the pedal into your left output, then plug the pedal output to your Roland amp's input. That will give you volume control with your foot as you play.