Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

about a year and a half ago i requested on this site a solution

Customer Question

about a year and a half ago i requested on this site a solution to my keyboard fault but received no answer. im still waiting for the solution. however here is my fault /I have.
the keyboard in question is a g800 workstation. I was at a family party and put keyboard on the backseat of my car to return home. a taxi pulled out in front of me and I slammed on the brakes forgetting the keyboard on the backseat. it slid off the seat and landed with a thump in the rear footwell. when I got home I tested the keyboard out and it wouldnt initialise fully and will switch off again after about 15----20 secs. the screen works on fireup but everything just shuts down. I thought it was the audio board which was faulty so replaced it but it made no difference. ive monitored voltages on the PSU but detect no voltage dips on the PSU outputs.
Ive tried contacting Roland.UK but Whilst they have tried to help me by email state that there isn't any engineers left that have worked on this model plus they do not have any spares for this keyboard and that if I did manage to find the fault, they would have to order any parts from Japan.
can anybody assist please
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. To be honest, the fact that it was dropped is not a good thing, obviously. I don't know whether we'll be able to fix this or not, but I sense that you still want it fixed. Open it up, and check for obvious broken PCBs, solder joints, or anything that looks bent. When the keyboards get jarred, they can get a lot of damage. Turn off all of the lights in the room, plug the keyboard in, and turn it on. Look for any tiny blue sparks when it shuts down. Tell me what you find.