jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

My apple Mac is connected to my Technic keyboard through a

Customer Question

My apple Mac is connected to my Technic keyboard through a Midi Cable, but the it does not come up as compatible, neither does it record in the application Garageband, Is there a possibility that I need to install a driver in my Mac, If so where can I download a free driver?
Thank You
Debby
P.S. My Mac is not connected to the internet so it is possible to give me an answer without having to connect my Mac to the internet?
Thank You again
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. What is the model number of your midi to usb device? Which OS version are you running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Midi Cable does not have a model number, it just has 2 cords for the input and output for the keyboard and then a cord for the Mac.

I dont know what OS version is but my mac is year 2009.

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
How does it go from midi to USB?
Click on the apple, and select About this Mac... to get your OS version.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are we able to communicate through email in about 10 min as I will have to go to my office to collect my mac as I am presently not near it, if so what is your email address? mine is *****@******.***

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
The site automatically blocks email addresses, email this link to yourself, and respond at the link:
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/electronic-musical-instruments/8tanj-apple-mac-connected-technic-keyboard.html?src=dn
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont understand Please respond tommorrow

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello I'm here again with the information that was asked yesterday, would you like me to give it over now?

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Adam