adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

my cubase 32 is coming up with guilib dll error im starting

Customer Question

my cubase 32 is coming up with guilib dll error im starting to think that it might be getting to old for win 7 pro i dont know but ive got at least 60 tunes in midi file which my cubase le 5 is'nt compatable with its midi files its a shame if i have to stop using it have you any pointers please
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.

I do not know about the inner workings of Cubase or what that error may be. That is a resource file that the program needs to work properly and by the name it seems it has something to do with the GUI of the program. If compatibility is the problem I would suggest you look into running Windows XP as a virtual machine via Virtual Box. That or just set your computer up to Dual Boot Windows XP and Windows 7.

A Virtual Machine if you are not familiar, allows you to run another operating system from within your currently running OS. So you can run Windows 7 and when you want to use XP you would load up Virtual Box and start your Virtual OS. The only limiting factor for this might be your computer specs. You need to share your memory with Windows XP. If you have 8 Gig of RAM then you can let XP use half.

It is something to look into. If you need a solution to the DLL problem directly I am afraid I would have to pass this question to other experts. I just saw that your question has been posted on the site for a while and it has not received a response. That is pobably because many of us are not familiar enough with Cubase and/or that particular problem.

Virtual Box can be downloaded free at https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive got an xp machine put away ive run the cubase 32 on it and it was fine untill windows update the the same guilid error i noticed again this has never happened before ive been told i need CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB(4x8) DDR3 1866-Crucial M4 128GB SSD drive-GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5 mother board-Intel Core i7-2600 3.4ghz (3.8ghz turbo)processor-Rosewill BRONZE 1000W Modular PSU power supply-SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6950 (Powerfull graphic card-SAPPHIRE Active DisplayPort Adapter 100924 DisplayPort to DVI Interface-Antec Lanboy air what ever that is he siad put this in my machine and it will be super i dont know ill check it out

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam