Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hi my question is to do with recording on my Tascam digital

Customer Question

Hi my question is to do with recording on my Tascam digital portastudio 2488neo.I can record with the guitar input or one microphone but not both together.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** inputs are you using to record?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am trying to use inputs F & H together.I am finding I can only select one of them or the other,not both together(I want to record with the guitar input,which seems to be H,and also attempting to use one of the other inputs,F, for a microphone.I can't seem to get them to work together.Also,I note my question went down as a law question,am I owed a partial refund?Thankyou,Alexander Kellett.
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
I wouldn't have been able to see your question if it was in the law category. I don't handle payments, I just help people with their recording gear. You are speaking with an audio engineer.
With digital recording, we have internal routing. It's nice at times, but it can get confusing if you're not used to it. Think of it like a patch bay. Select channel 1, and look at the display. In the top right, you'll see which input channel 1 is assigned to. Let's say it's A, that means that input A will record to channel 1.
To assign them, hold F just below the trim pots, then press the select button for the channel you wish to record channel F to. Release both buttons. Now hold H, and press the select button of the channel you wish to record to, and release both buttons. Light up the REC buttons for those two channels, and record something. Please tell me the results.