Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hi I have inherited my fathers EM 2000 and have no floppies.

Customer Question

Hi I have inherited my fathers EM 2000 and have no floppies. I have difficulty in selecting styles as in instrument. Could this be because no floppy is inserted
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes will wait

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Thanks for your patience. I'm sorry you're having a problem, I'm here to help. This is a Q&A based website. I realize your time is valuable, so I'll try to give you the most accurate answer in the shortest amount of time. You can respond to me at no extra charge, until the problem is resolved. Ratings are for my service, not your experience with the site. ELECTRONICS CAN TAKE A FEW TRIES TO TROUBLESHOOT. DO NOT RATE 1 OR 2 STARS IF YOUR QUESTION ISN'T ANSWERED ON THE FIRST TRY. I will stick with you until the problem is resolved. When we finish with this session, please don't forget to rate my service so I can get compensated for my work. Ratings are how this site pays me for my service. Let's get started!
That keyboard is an arranger, meaning it plays music with you. You can play two sounds at once, splitting the keyboard so you have separate instruments on each hand.
The first thing I want you to do is update the operating system. This will give you the latest software and sounds. You do not need a disc, unless you have one with new sounds to load. It sounds like you need help being pointed in the right direction. I will help you, let me know how the update goes. Here is the link:
http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/418/downloads/