Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

New Tascam DP 32SD. First song. Trying ro fade with the main

Customer Question

New Tascam DP 32SD. First song.
Trying ro fade with the main fader: haf way I get file error.
Tried to fade with fader group: same thing happens.
Is it something I do wrong?
John
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Rusty :

Hi, thanks for requesting me. Does it happen if you don't try to fade the song?

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. Only when fading. Never had this before.
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, that's not normal behavior, you should be able to fade whenever you want. It's obviously having trouble with its digital routing. Unplug it, and turn the power on. Let it sit for thirty seconds. This will drain any residual power and if static was the cause, it will clear it up.
We can also reset the recorder. Press menu, select preference and press F4. Select initialize, then press F4 and initialize the unit.
If you are still having the same problem, there is a defect with the player. Take it back to the store where you got it, and exchange it for a new one. If you cannot, you will need to contact Tascam for warranty repair. (###) ###-####