Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a Yamaha digital piano P95. The D below middle C has

I have a Yamaha digital piano P95. The D below middle C has started occasionally playing approx 5 times louder than all the other notes. Can this be fixed?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Yamaha pianos have velocity sensitive pads that are hit when the key is struck. These pads can wear out over time, losing their velocity sensitivity, causing the key to sound at full volume. These can be replaced. You can even do it at home if you are confident.
Remove the screws from the bottom of the piano. All of them. Remember where each screw goes, you'll want to put them back into the same spot. When you remove the cover, notice the pad that gets hit when you strike a key. Those are the contact strips that can be replaced to fix the problem.
Call 0844(###) ###-#### That is the tech support line for Yamaha in the UK. They will be able to put you in contact with the parts department to order the strips. They are cheap. Let me know if you have any trouble.