Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Although the Technics KN 6000 is no longer manufactured is

Although the Technics KN 6000 is no longer manufactured is it possible to buy a compatible microphone for home use only?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. You can use any "dynamic" mic with that keyboard. As long as it doesn't require phantom power, it will work. I recommend a Shure SM58, or an Audix OM2. Feel free to go with a cheaper mic, such as Audio Technica, or similar brand. You can get a really cheap mic with a 1/4" cable already connected, and it will work just fine. Basically, you're not limited to a certain type of mic, you just have to use the adapter to make it work.
Connect a standard XLR cable to the microphone, and you'll need this adapter to make it work with your piano:
http://goo.gl/9YDV6l