Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

My P120S ('03) has one key which does not bounce back up, please

My P120S ('03) has one key which does not bounce back up, please can you advise how to get this fixed, in the Oxford area. ***********
email *****@******.***
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Adam, sorry not responded to earlier email. It's a nuisance, this sticky-down key, but you are my best hope for a solution. I have now tried contacting Yamaha dealers on the web, hoping to find one not too far away from Oxford, where I could take the keyboard for fixing - no luck so far. I look forward to hearing from you. Chris Nichols.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. A service manual will be invaluable for this job, click here. The download link will show up below the picture, within a minute or so. Page 13 will show you the key assembly, and the spring. If that spring came off of the key, it will not raise the key. That sounds like what is happening to your piano right now. The disassembly instructions start on page 10. Let me know if you get stuck, I'll walk you through it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for this suggestion (getting a manual) but I am not qualified to dismantle the keyboard, I want to pay someone to do it. I note the warning at the head of the page of the link you sent!

I am really asking you to point me in the direction of an 'expert' who will fix it. Perhaps it is unfair of me to ask you to do this, please tell me if I am not going about this the right way. CN

PS: I have just now seen your latest response, admitting defeat! As I say above, I was not asking the right question. Do I get my £26 back? CN

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, sorry for the delay. I have found your service center.
E & M Electronics ***** Granby, Milton Keynes, MK1 1NL
Buckinghamshire
Tel 01908 375699
09:00 to 17:00
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience: Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting