MusicTech14
MusicTech14, Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience in service & support of music instruments
60974588

There, I have a Yamaha PSR S900 with an intermittent key.

Hi there, I have a Yamaha PSR S900 with an intermittent key. Since the cost of repair and/or cleaning could be in excess of £100 I have decided to clean up the keys myself. I've removed all the screws in the base, but the instrument casing will not lift off. I'm reluctant to force it, so is anything else holding it?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MusicTech14 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service.You need to remove all the screws shown in the attached picture. You probably missed the ones marked 130B, which are hidden under the two square panels.I hope this helps you solve the issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance.
You can also get the full service manual from >>this link<<Please note that this link is to an "rar" compressed file download. So you may need software that can decompress this type of file. I used Stuffit Expander
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again, Thank you - releasing the two screws allows the lid to be lifted, and I'm accessing the keys, which I believe just need the black screws to be removed so that the keys can be unclipped and extracted.

You do not need to remove the keys to access the contacts. You need to remove the circuit boards under neath the keys. Then you will ave access to the contact points on the boards and the rubber contact strips that they work in conjunction with. If you haven't already found it, there is one screw towards the top middle of the key assembly that needs to be removed to pull the assembly out of the case. That may make it easier to access everything.I strongly recommend downloading the service manual and looking at the two files that end in "DIS1_C" and "DIS2_C" These contain the dis-assembly instructions. The drawings there can be very helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many Thanks, ***** ***** help.