Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Some liquid got spilt on the keyboard of my piano some weeks

Some liquid got spilt on the keyboard of my piano some weeks ago, and one of the keys now only plays when the weather is really dry! The piano is just over a year old. Juliet
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. Since it only plays when the weather is dry, that indicates a damaged pad. The pads are velocity sensitive, and are relatively easy to replace, and they aren't too expensive. You can purchase them directly from Yamaha. Remove the screws from the bottom of the piano to remove the cover. Press a key, and note where that pad is located. That is the part that needs to be replaced, or realigned. Once you replace the pad, it will play like it used to. Let me know if you have any questions about the repair. Be sure to unplug the keyboard 10 minutes before servicing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hallo, Rusty

Thank you for your answer, which I will act upon when I get back from holiday. I did try to give you a very good rating, but nothing seemed to happen when I clicked on it! Regards Juliet

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
I will be here in case you have any questions along the way.