Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a Yamaha YPT-230 keyboard and I cannot fit any of my

I have a Yamaha YPT-230 keyboard and I cannot fit any of my headphone jacks to the phones output, they seem not to be able to be pushed in far enough. Do I need a special jack and if so which one as they are supposed to be universal are they not? Thank you.
Mike H
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. The headphone jack on the YPT-230 is a stereo 1/4" jack. If your headphone jack is the correct diameter, you may need to push them a bit hard to get them to seat in place. If this is an older piano, there is a possibility that the inner jack is damaged, and may need to be replaced. That is not a tough job, nor is it expensive to do. Let me know if you suspect it is damaged, and I'll help you find a repair shop.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** ordered a 1/4 inch jack adapter to fit my earphone jack and hopefully this will fix the problem.

Mike