jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

I have Yamaha CLP 860 . When i turn it on I get error code

Customer Question

I have Yamaha CLP 860 . When i turn it on I get error code SCN . No sound comes out when keys are pressed.but demo still plays .then sometimes its works.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. This is usually caused by one of the keys sticking, do any of them feel stuck?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no ive checked all keys they look fine

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok next you would want to check the cables and harnesses inside. Have you already checked that as well.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok its just started working again , i thought to check all the keys when i get to the bottom octave ,when on e of three keys are pressed the sound stops playing from the keys . but when its turned on and off its ok until one of the three keys are pressed

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That sounds like a loose connection from one of the harnesses can you check like I just mentioned?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

going to take back off now ,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

does it need to be solderd

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The harness connections? No they should clip on use connectors.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

took the top off .not the back it just slides off. can i a pic and send to you so you can point them out to me?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You can send a picture if you like there should be an attach or paper clip icon on the reply box. They should be at the end of the wring harness though.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is it the blue wires going to the board

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The area that looks like pins push in and make sure all are tight. Be careful as they are easily damaged. You may even want to disconnect and reconnect them. You would want to go very slow since they can be easily damaged.
.