Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Regarding a Korg SP-200piano. About the middle nine notes

Customer Question

Regarding a Korg SP-200piano.
About the middle nine notes (middle C up to the first A) often don't sound for perhaps 30 minuits when the piano is first switched on. When these notes start working, they will stay on until the piano is switched off.
All of the notes sound correctly all of the time, when midi-ing from an external keyboard.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Korg uses rubber contacts measuring the velocity which wear out over time. In order to fix that theoctave set normally needs to be replaced. You can buy them here: Click Here I am not sure if they ship to the UK but any local music store should be able to order this for you as well. The contact strip normally costs beteen €5 and €10. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Korg.