Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Korg Karma, can I change the track I am playing in the

Customer Question

For a Korg Karma, can I change the track I am playing in the sequencer using a foot switch/pedal (rather than having to use a hand to select the up/down buttons)? Note: not actually playing a song in the sequencer, just using it set up different sound levels / combinations so that I can easily switch between them. I don't want to use a volume pedal as I want it to be consistent each time I play.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question. You can assign the pedal to various functions. Here's how.Connect a Korg PS-1 pedal switch to the ASSIGNABLE SWITCH jack.2 Press the [GLOBAL] key to enter Global mode.3 Press the [MENU] key, and then press the [F6] (“Ctrl”) key and [F8] (“Open”) key.4 Press the [F1] (“Foot”) key. 5 Select “Foot SW Assign,” and select either Program Up or Program Down. If you select Program Up, the next higher program number will be selected each time you press the foot switch. If you select Program Down, the next lower program number will be selected each time you press the foot switch.This is an example of how to use the pedal to select the program. You can assign it to various functions. I know this works with the PS-1 pedal. Please let me know if this helps or if you still have questions. Mike