Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

We have a Yamaha Clavinova and the pedals are not working.

We have a Yamaha Clavinova and the pedals are not working. Please advise
Gillian Foyle
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. The pedals can get gunked up in two places, preventing contact. If all of your pedals are out, dip the jacks in rubbing alcohol, and run them in and out of the jacks several times. Repeat up to 10 times. Be sure to turn the piano off first, and allow sufficient time for the alcohol to dry. If it's just one pedal, then look at that pedal. You'll want to expose the contacts that connect when you press the pedal. These can build up with tarnish. Use alcohol, and pour a bit onto the contacts. Press the pedal about 20 times and repeat. Shake out the excess alcohol, allow it to dry, and plug it in to test them. Tell me the results.