Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I have a Yamaha Clavinova 95 keyboard, the keyboard of which is getting very clunky. The i

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha Clavinova 95 keyboard, the keyboard of which is getting very clunky. The individual keys when pressed are all clattering against the strip of red felt above them. The noise is virtually unbearable. What can I do about this? I am resident in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Keith Barraclough.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. This can happen as the felts where down – the weights don't change so with the felts wearing down it can cause the keys to banged against the key bed. In order to correct this, I would suggest having a Yamaha technician maintain it. This is something that should be done periodically anyway but in this case they can at least replace the felts. The rest of the keyboard should be operating correctly. If you don't know of an authorized dealer in your area, or if you don't have someone that you usually use the work in your instruments, let me know your ZIP Code and I will try to locate one for you. Mike