Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

We have a Yamaha Clavinova, but the middle E sticks, which

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Yamaha Clavinova, but the middle E sticks, which makes the piano unplayable. what should we do?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I can help you fix your piano, can you give me the model number so I can be precise with instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Rusty, it is a Yamaha Clavinova CVP-201
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, great. You can fix it at home, if you're up for the task. It will cost about $125 to take it to a Yamaha shop and have them do the work. Click here if you'd rather take it in. If you want to fix it yourself, it's pretty easy, but it takes a while. Click here, and watch the video. That one isn't identical, but all of the CVP pianos work the same. Once you get to the broken key, call(###) ###-#### ***** through Friday, from 7:30AM - 5:00PM Pacific Time (closed 12PM - 1PM), and Yamaha will send you a new key.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that doesn't help me at all Rusty - I live in Oxford, England. please advise how I can fix this in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the only advice I can find from the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.mikebarden.com/yamaha-clavinova-electronic-digital-piano-repairs/yamaha-clavinova-stuck-sticky-sticking-keys/
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
My mistake, you have parts in the UK as well. The repair process will be the same, 0844(###) ###-#### ***** you would rather take it in, click here. I am familiar with Mike Barden, but it's best if you go directly to Yamaha.