Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a Yamaha arius ydp s51 worked and sounded great up to

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha arius ydp s51 worked and sounded great up to today, when I switched it on the power light comes on briefly (stays on for about 2 sec after releasing power button)
then goes out, during the brief period it is on no sound is generated when trying to play the piano, I doubt if it even boots up in this time.
So to summarise- power on at mains when power button on piano is pressed the power light comes on very briefly then goes out and the piano wont work??
p.s the instrument hasn't been moved or disturbed in any way.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. You're describing the symptoms of a weak power supply. Take it to any electronics repair shop, and have them test it for you. It should read 16vdc. If it does not, click here, you'll need another power supply. Let me know if it tests at 16vdc with a 2.4a load.