*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

YAMAHA Pf 85 - When on 'PHONES' one side does not sound.Have

Customer Question

YAMAHA Pf 85 - When on 'PHONES' one side does not sound.Have tried alternative headset with same result and have tried spraying in side of jack socket with contact cleaning fluid. Have opened case and no obvious faulty connection to jack socket.
Is it likely to be the jack socket and can I get a replacement to solder in or is it perhaps another component that has gone down. I use the keyboard regularly for practice and having sound in only one ear is disconcerting - Regards Derek
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. The PF85s output is normally mono, however when the chorus effect is used the output is in stereo. Try using that effect and see if the headphones work in stereo please.