Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I HAVE CLAVINOVA CLP 380 OCTAVE BELOW MIDDLE C MAKING HORRIBLE

I HAVE CLAVINOVA CLP 380 OCTAVE BELOW MIDDLE C MAKING HORRIBLE SOUND OR SILENT
(NO DEALER ON ISLE OF MAN) WHAT -PARTS DO I NEED TO RECTIFY? HOW MUCH WILL IT COST PER OCTAVE?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. What specific notes are affected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Middle C horrible twanging. sound; same B and A. (going down) G sounds ok at moment. F and E won't sound at all..D and C OK at moment.
Hinton
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am familiar with that problem. Since it's random notes, not all Cs, or all Ds, your tone generator is just fine. When you strike the keys, they hit velocity sensitive pads to make a sound. When they wear out, they will either sound at full volume like you hit the key with a hammer, or they won't sound at all. These are replaceable. You'll need to remove the screws from the bottom of the piano, and remove the top to expose the keys. Strike a key, and you'll see the pad strips where the key hits. That's the part that needs to be replaced. Since you live on the island, I'm unsure of shipping, but there are Yamaha headquarters in both Ireland and UK. The trick will be getting them shipped to you. Here are the parts department numbers: UK 0844(###) ###-####reland###-##-####
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Have you had any luck getting Yamaha to ship parts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I failed tpget through a number of times -got through ok to Yamagha but line went dead on transfer to dept required, but got lucky this morning, and have secured part no needed and firm (Sentec) to provide octave of pads. Myorder taken by them and am awaiting email to give details and price. Thank you for your help.Hinton