Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

There. I have a Yamaha 295PSR keyboard and all the E and

Hi there. I have a Yamaha 295PSR keyboard and all the E and Bflat keys have stopped working. is it repairable and do you know roughly how much this would cost?
Many Thanks, JK
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. That's not a good symptom to have. If individual notes went out, you'd be able to repair it yourself. Since all of the E and B flat notes are out, that means there is a damaged part in your tone generator. It will need to be looked at by a professional. Click here for the service center locator. Let me know if there isn't a shop near you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I wanted to know is can it be repaired and is it worth me having it looked at by a professional in view of the cost?
If this would cost a lot of money I might as well get a replacement instead.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
It's hard to say without opening it up and taking a look. If it's a bulged capacitor that is causing the processor to go haywire, then it would be worth fixing. If the processor is dead, it will be cheaper to replace. It will cost around $40 to have it diagnosed.