Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Yamaha electronic piano powers up ok keyboard dead yet ok

Customer Question

yamaha electronic piano powers up ok keyboard dead yet ok through earphones
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
estimated response time long gone has response been sent?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
I see you have been waiting some time for an answer.
Sorry for the delay!
It would help us to know the model number of the Yamaha piano?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete thanks for your response. Model number is ***** Serial no. is BCU101001 Hope this helps you.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barry,thanks for that!When you say "keyboard dead yet ok through earphones", do you mean there is no audio from the piano loudspeakers, and you can only hear sound if using earphones?If so, the mute switch may be activated - there is a tiny switch inside the headphone socket that disables the built-in speakers when earphones are connected. Try plugging and unplugging the earphones several times to see if that helps release the switch...