Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I am unable to connect my Roland F-20 digital piano to logic

Customer Question

I am unable to connect my Roland F-20 digital piano to logic pro x and use it as an external instrument. It recognises it as a midi controller but then will only play back through the pianos speakers and not through the monitors i've attached to logic??? Is this something you can help with? Searched so many forums!!!
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect yes please keep looking!! Thank you.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. There is a setting in your I/O settings that you can change to route your audio to your monitors. Go to preferences, I/O assignments, and assign your output device to your audio interface. Right now it's sending through midi, you want it to be your audio device. That may be an interface, or your sound card, depending on where your monitors are plugged in. Take a look, and tell me if you have any trouble assigning your output device.