Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I HAVE A YAMAHA KEYBOARD YAMAHA CLAVINOVA. IT IS APPROXIMATELY

Customer Question

HELLO, I HAVE A YAMAHA KEYBOARD YAMAHA CLAVINOVA. IT IS APPROXIMATELY 20 YEARS OLD AND GOING EXTREMELY WELL. MY PROBLEM IS THAT I NEED A NEW FLOPPY DISK DRIVE AND HERE IN NORWICH, NORFOLK THERE APPEARS TO BE A DEARTH. PLEASE CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION WHERE I MIGHT FIND A ENGINEER AND AN APPROPRIATE DICK DRIVE.
I HAVE BEEN WITH IT FOR ALMOST 3 WEEKS AND HAVING WITHDRAWAL PAINS.
AS A PENSIONER (76) I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO LOOK AROUND AS THOSE KIND OF FUNDS JUST ARE NOT HERE.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.
I can tell that being a pensioner hasn't dulled your sense of humor about it.
There are two things you can do here. Replacing it with a new floppy drive isn't one I would recommend trying - the drives just are not made any more. It may be that the drive heads just need cleaning. If that's the case, it's an easy fix. You just have to run a cleaning disk in it. Here is a link to one of those on Amazon. I am in the US, but they have them in the UK as well.http://amzn.to/1RNcJTKThe second option I would recommend is a replacement in the form of an emulator. It replaces the floppy drive and accepts USB drives. The project then becomes getting all of that data onto usb sticks. That's a different discussion. Here's an example of the emulator:http://amzn.to/1Pj2UG9