Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have owned a Yamaha PRS s650 keyboard 2 years now

I have owned a Yamaha PRS s650 keyboard for about 2 years now and I still can't figure out how to use the sequencer? Have you an idiots guide? As in 'press this button, now press that button etc. Incidentally I asked the help of a qualified physicist and he couldn't figure it out either. I would be very grateful. Ta!
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'s not that difficult, the first thing you'll want to do is select a style, by pressing a style button. Then, rotate the dial to select which style you would like, then press ACMP to turn on the sequencer. Everything below F#2 will be the accompaniment, and everything above it will be what you can play. Press SYNC START, and press main variation A, then Intro 2. Play a chord on the lower register, and that should start the sequencer. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I asked for an idiots guide on how to use the sequencer I meant the multi tracks. Imagine I have recorded a basic backing track using one of the styles. I now want to add some strings on a fresh track of the sequencer. when thats done I may want to add a choir on a second track and so on until i've used all the tracks up. I need a step by step instruction as in press this then press that. The manual is no help at all.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that would be a multi track recording. Here's how: Press the [USER] button, then use the dial to select the desired User Song number (001–005) for recording.Press the [EXIT] button to return to the Main display, then assign the Part (Style, Main, Dual and Left) to each recording track.On the Main display, press the [REGIST/PART [MIXER]] button until your desired Track group (“TR1-8” or “TR9-16”) is highlighted in the bottom right corner of the displayHold the [REC] button then immediately press one of the SONG Track [1]–[8] buttons to call up the PART ASSIGN display. While continuing to hold the [REC] button, repeatedly press the same Track button. Make sure it is set to main.Play the keyboard to start recording. You can also start recording by pressing the record button to play only the rhythm. When recording is started, the display automatically returns to the Main display, showing the current measure number.Press stop when you are done.Select Yes to save your recording.Repeat from step 2 to add other tracks. Remember if you assign a track to be recorded to, it will erase the previous content.