Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Roland FR-1X Accordion just updated to latest OS 1.07 and now

Customer Question

Roland FR-1X Accordion just updated to latest OS 1.07 and now the keyboard wont play the correct notes and some keys there is no sound at all. Could you please help?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry to hear you're having trouble, these accordions work with midi. The update sounds like it messed up all of your midi settings. Let's do a reset, and it should fix the settings to the way they should be. Press and hold down the [SET] register.Use treble register [3] or [4] (PARAM LIST) to select “UrC”.Use treble register [,] (√ VALUE) or [2] (VALUE .) to select a User Set memory (U1~U4).Press the [USER PROGRAM] (ENTER) button to confirm your selection. Now try to play it. If it is still messed up: Switch on the FR-1x while holding down the treble registers [3] and [4]. Wait for the display to say "don" to indicate that the factory reset is done.Switch off the FR-1x, then switch it back on again. Please tell me the results.