Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have an old Roland JV30. Is it possible to connect it to a

I have an old Roland JV30. Is it possible to connect it to a 2010 MacBook Pro running the latest MacOS to se it with Avid's Sibelius , Logic an Garageband? If so, how best to go about it?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Yes, you can connect it to your computer. If you want to record your performance only in Garageband, click here. This connects to your main outputs on your keyboard, and connects to your microphone input on your Mac. All Mac computers have a mic input.

If you want to use it with Sibelius, click here. This will allow you to connect the midi output of your keyboard to your computer, and it will record your notation. It is compatible with the latest OS version.