Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Yamaha Clavinova clp-124. How do I access the Power button

Yamaha Clavinova clp-124. How do I access the Power button to fix it as it is not working (loose)?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Lis,

Getting to the power button is not easy - the entire keyboard area needs to be disassembled to remove an access panel and expost the power button and wiring.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to find documented guidance on removing the keyboard? I was hoping that the payment would provide instructions on the practical way to access the power button, whatever that requires, not just to tell me it is difficult.....
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, I have searched extensively and there are no documented guides available for this model.

Here is a video guide for a similar model which should help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8HzWe0p2Tg

Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As I said, my question was "how do I access the power button?" and you haven't answered the question with the instructions I require - please can you provide a detailed answer with instructions? I believe that it is only a screw that has come loose as I heard it when I tried to press the power button - I don't think I need to access wiring.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Let me check if any of the other techs can assist you further...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't want to commit to another payment as I don't feel I've had an answer for the original payment - but, thank you for the offer. The power button is not above the keyboard but is to the left on its own - all I need to be able to do is lift the outside frame above the keyboard and I should be able to access the button at the left.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I have been paid nothing - your original payment remains on account.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for the video link - I had already seen this - it's a completely different model. Mine is a clavinova and not a keyboard so accessing is completely different. The Power button is not above the keyboard but is to the left in a side panel on its own and should be accessible without having to remove the keyboard - if I can find out how to lift or pull out the front frame that encases the keyboard I should be able to access the power button without touching the keyboard.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is a link to the User's Manual which shows the location of the power button in the Control Panel page - is this any help?
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/267137/Yamaha-Clp-124.html?page=4#manual
I have attached a screenshot in case that helps to demonstrate what I am asking.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 9 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If you think you might be able to find another expert who can provide the details of how to access the power switch, as I asked, so that I can tighten the screw, I am happy to wait. If no-one can provide an answer, I assume that you would refund the original payment?
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Fixed Clavinova keyboards are a bit different than the portable models. You'll want to remove the three screws on the back that hold the top piece in place. Slide the top piece forward to remove it. That will allow you access to the insides. If you need to dig further into the piano, click here, this is the video for the upright Clavinovas.

Remember that these pianos are assembled in a particular order, and need to be disassembled in the reverse.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Rusty,
Many thanks for your response - which is significantly better than the first response as you have, probably, read! That was just unbelievable, if I'm honest! However, the model I have does not have those 3 screws at the back that are the very first things that have to be removed, according to the video. If there had been screws in that area those would have been the first things I removed, believe me. On the clp-124 model, there are actually 3 hinges at the top of the back panel adjoining the top lid. I have managed to contact a local expert who has been able to identify the correct model and the exact method of accessing the interior and he could even describe to me exactly where the power switch is. He was willing to talk me through it over the phone (i.e. without charge) but I am happy to pay a callout charge for him to do the work as he is the only person I have found who has been able to correctly identify the model and the answer to my question. I guess that you provided a better response but I'm afraid that it still wasn't a resolution. I won't ask for a refund as you have tried as best you can but I'm afraid that this site just hasn't been able to provide a successful resolution and I don't think I would try it again.
Many thanks for your time,
Lis
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Well thanks for the negative rating, that will follow me around forever. Sorry for trying to help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I didn't mean the negative rating for YOU- just for the original guy, that's the message that was in the rating email!!! I would give you a positive rating - this site is REALLY not helpful or user-friendly! Are you Adam? That's who the email related to? See what I mean? I would have given you a really good rating!
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

No, I'm Rusty, the last guy you worked with. That rating follows me around as an expert. It is not for rating the site, it has to do with my work. Most Clavinova pianos are built the same way, but they are coming up with new clever ways to put them together.

If you want to change the rating, just rate above 3 stars, or contact customer service.

Rusty, Music Professional
Experience: Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. The model number is ***** the back of the TV. Can you get that to make this a bit quicker and easier?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did submit a positive rating for you a few minutes ago. Honestly, the wording in the rating email was what "Pete" had written and his response was "it's difficult to access"....... so you can understand my frustration and there is no way I would give him a positive rating. You tried very hard and almost got there - I hadn't managed to find that video link. My clavinova must be 26 years old and so finding the information would take some real digging. The local guy I found works with the company where I originally bought the piano and I think, from his voice, he has been around a long time and probably has manuals for the older models. You did really well to find as much as you did and I am grateful. I apologise for any misunderstanding and hope that I have rectified the rating for you - if not, please advise how this can be achieved. Lis
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, that TV question was intended for another customer. This site isn't easy for us experts either.

Thank you for revising your rating, the negative one has been cleared from my record.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had to laugh - I'm glad it's not easy for the experts, either!!! All best wishes! Lis