Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Farfisa Hermitage which was brought new in the

Customer Question

I have a Farfisa Hermitage which was brought new in the early 80's. Its been stood unused in my lounge for some 6 years or more. The on/off red button is on (there's power to the organ) but no sound from the keys at all or lights present? What could be the problem please?
Thanks,
Jane
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jane,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

The electrolytic capacitors inside the organ may have dried up if it has not been in use for some time.

Or there may be some other internal electronic failure.

Electronic testing will be needed to diagnose the exact cause of the fault.

Are you looking to carry out the testing and repairs yourself, or are you looking for a repairer in your area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for response. I've enquired about a repairer but it's going to cost me 100 pounds just for a call out. Would an IT electronic engineer be able to check this, if so I can ask at my workplace about it? Would they be able to test as you recommended, do you think?
Thanks Pete,
Jane
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jane,

An IT engineer may not be able to check it but if there is someone who is trained in electronic repairs and can test electronic components and change them using a soldering iron, then they should be able to help!

Pete.