Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Mastering Engineer
Experience:  Audio mastering engineer, experienced with recording, mixing, mastering, instruments and vst plugins. Just ask me:)
78122054

I have a casio qt-6000 which i have inherited the

Customer Question

Hi i have a casio qt-6000 which i have inherited the programming is shocking and all over the place how do i put in the drop down menus/lists on the keyboard?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to know how to reset the system i have no disk's or other programming tools
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 9 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for using JustAnswer. I am Lorenz Vauck, a musician, sound engineer and computer expert from Germany. I would like to help you with your question:

Have you checked the QT-6600 manual and performed the resetting procedure? If not, please have a look here, this is the manual for the QT-6600:

http://totalpos.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/QT6000REF_E060915D.pdf

It explains the resetting procedure. Perform it and then please let me know if it worked or not so that I can help you further in case it didn´t help with your problem.

If I was able to help you already, I would be happy if you could give me a 3 to 5 stars rating for my work.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have gone through the manual before i even considered asking anyone online so to pay £14 to be told to do the one thing most people do before asking for advice is a rip off in my eyes

Dear Client,

I am sorry you are not happy with my answer. That´s the reason I have asked you if you have done this or not and asked to reply again if you have already done it and it didn´t help. I am here to help you and thats the reason I asked you to reply in case you´ve already performed the reset as per the manual. Many people have lost their manuals, that´s why I usually start out with asking if they have done this or not. Also, your original question didn´t indicate that you have already performed this step.

Let´s please continue communication with me so that I can help you further to resolve the problem: please tell me what exactly the reset you have performed achieved so far and if it went without errors. But of course I would ask you to be please be so kind to remove the negative rating for now until we have resolved your problem.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

You can answer in the text-box below within our chat to reply to me again. I am here to help you, this is not just a one-question answer that you´ve paid for, I am a here "live" for you to resolve your problem.

I see that you´ve read my answer, why not just reply to me so that I can help you further with your problem? Resetting via the manual was just the first step I wanted to suggest, there is no reason to give me a negative rating for that please as we´ve just started out solving your problem. Please be so kind to change it back to at least 3 stars while we still work on the problem. I want to resolve the problem with your Casio for you. Thank you.

Lorenz Vauck, Mastering Engineer
Experience: Audio mastering engineer, experienced with recording, mixing, mastering, instruments and vst plugins. Just ask me:)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been trying to program the till all day and right now its about to go through the window so going to buy a new one that i can program through my pc in the office i will change your rating but i have given up for today

Thanks a lot for changing the rating. I understand that many people think that this is a one-answer service and they can´t ask the expert again, but this is not the case, we are here to help.

I totally understand your frustration, I know this from my keyboard as well! It can be a big pain sometimes. But, don´t throw it out of the window YET please;) Did the reset as per the manual go through fine? Did it confirm that the reset was performed?

It might also be worth to get it repaired, I could look up a local dealer for you who can perform this. Just let me know which city you live in.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
been quoted £450 to reset and reprogram so be cheaper in long run to get a new one

Argh, that is seriously to much! Do you already know which one you might want to buy? And don´t forget: you can sell your old one on eBay as "defective". Often tech-people are "hungry" to get replacement parts for theirs out of devices like yours.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks for your help i will probably see what happens this week and maybe ask again when i have the time to sit and go through it

OK sure, I am here, just reply again and I will get back to you. Meanwhile I wish a great evening, I am around in case you need me:) Thanks.