Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Mastering Engineer
Experience:  Audio mastering engineer, experienced with recording, mixing, mastering, instruments and vst plugins. Just ask me:)
78122054

Cant load Roland FR3XB editor I'm using Win 10 and have

Cant load Roland FR3XB editor I'm using Win 10 and have latest Java loaded.
Thanks Tom.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

Can you please let me know which exact error you are receiving when you try to load the editor?

If you wish, I can also directly connect to your computer and fix the problem for you.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Lorenz sorry about the delay as I had to go out yesterday and did not get back until very late. When I download the editor from the Roland site and then go to open it it says file not recognised or corrupt file and that is as far as I can get. Yes you can connect to my PC and maybe you can fix the problem. I have Java installed and 16 GB Ram also 1TB hard drive with just over 800GB free. Win 10 Pro. Many thanks Lorenz.. Regards. Tom.

Dear *****,

thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I will be on a vacation from now until Thursday and will just return to work by Friday. While I will be answering normal messages at Justanswer partially during this time, I am not sure if I can do a remote-assistance for you. My question is: should I open up the question for other experts or would you like to wait until I return on Friday, so that I can help you by then?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Lorenz many thanks I will wait until you get back on Friday as there is no hurry. Enjoy your break. Regards. Tom.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lorenz,Just a little bit of information which might help you. I can now download the Roland fr3x editor and open it and adjust all the parameters and save them with a number to the desktop. Then I put them on a memory stick and load the stick in to the fr3x then select UST on the fr3x but when I press no 7 to load the set it says E0 3 error which means the file is corrupt. Hope this will help. Regards. Tom.

Hi Tom,

I am back! Thanks for your message and your patience. I am glad to hear you could fix the problem with the editor software already. Let´s see if we still need a remote-assistance in this case. Have you ever used the editor software before and were able to load patches you´ve saved with it into the Roland via a memory-stick afterwards? Have you possibly tried another memory-stick and are you "ejecting" the stick before unplugging it from the PC each time?

Thank you very much,

Lorenz

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Welcome back Lorenz. Yes I did eject the stick before unplugging it and also used different sticks still no joy. I have tried it in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome which I'm using now still no luck it looks like I'm not going to able to use it. Regards. Tom.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again I meant to say that when I down load the finished edited program to the desktop all I get is a blank white square with the set number underneath it. Hope this helps. Tom.

Hi Tom,

thanks so much for your reply, it seems I understood it completely wrong then. Do you mean you still can´t load the actual editing program on your PC? What I understood was, that you now can use the editor fine on your PC, but the saved patches won´t load on your Roland?

Lorenz

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's right when the edited program is put on the desktop it is just a blank white square with the set number under it. When put on the stick and put into the fr3x it shows E0 3 which is a corupt file. Tom.

Hi Tom,

OK, this is indeed strange, so possibly the saved file is already corrupted after creating it with the editor you mean?

Can you check if those "blank white square" files on your desktop have any file-size? If you right click them, do they show up as 0 byte files?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked the file on the desk top and it shows 11KB. Now some time ago I bought some files from the USE and they worked. I checked them and they also showed 11KB.

Hmm, that is really strange, can you attach one of these files here please? One that works and one that doesn´t work would be great.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Lorenz I tried to attached the files but it says....sorry we cant read the files try another format.These files are ST3 ( ST.3 )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Lorenz well well after all that I just discovered that another part of the program has to be loaded that part came with the sets I got from the USA I have now loaded a small set to test and at last it works. Many thanks for your help and have a good weekend. Not like here in Dublin lots of rain and a bus strike. Tom

Hi Tom,

thanks a lot for your reply and I am glad to hear it is working now! Also sorry that you couldn´t attach the files, it has worked fine at least from the expert side (as we can´t see the customer interface part of JustAnswer). Is there anything else I can do for you possibly or is everything good now?

Could you possibly please be so kind to still give me a 3 to 5 stars rating so that JustAnswer compensates me for my work at your question? Because only if the customer rates me, JustAnswer sends me a part of your payment, otherwise I get 0.

Thanks so much in advance and have a great weekend, the weather over here is fine actually, cold but sunny and I hope it will get a little better in Dublin too again:)

Lorenz Vauck

Dear *****,

thank you so much for the kind rating, which made me very happy! If you have any questions in the future and would like to work with me again, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great time and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Tom, thanks so much for the bonus!! I highly appreciate it and am very thankful!