Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a question and need advice please. I have a psr E403

Hi I have a question and need advice please.
I have a psr E403 which is old tech...but still brilliant!
The reason I have not upgraded is that it has a wonderful feature in the Performance Assist button that enables me to play and improvise along with downloaded songs and tunes in key even though I cannot
play much otherwise!
It sounds very professional and is very flattering on jazz and classical tracks. Friends are seriously impressed. Cheating? Yes but I will never be able to learn to play that good!
I have to download tracks that contain Chord Data for it to work.
Question...What modern Yamaha keyboards have this Performance Assist feature or similar?
I would love to upgrade and keep this amazing feature....how can I do this please?
Colin.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Yamaha makes great ensemble keyboards on their Motif line. Look at the Motif 6 or Motif 8. They are about as good as it gets with the assist feature, and they have evolved quite a bit since the PSR series. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.