Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Can I get photos stored on a Samsung galaxy s on to an apple

Customer Question

Can I get photos stored on a Samsung galaxy s on to an apple iPad they are not on an sd card
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi there,

Yes, you can get photos from a Samsung Galaxy S onto your Apple iPad.

One easy way to transfer them is to email them to yourself if there are only a few.

If there are a lot of photos that you wish to transfer, then you will need to do it through the computer. You don't need to use Kies to get the photos off the Galaxy S - when it is connected to a Windows computer, simply click on 'Computer' and access the Galaxy's memory through it, then copy and paste the photos to your computer.
You can then transfer them to the iPad.

Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It didn't work it kept asking me to insert sd card to phone I specifically said that my pictures were not saved to sd card !
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.

Hi Karen,

I see you have already rated my service as poor! :(
Did you do as I said? Did you click on Computer whilst the phone was connected?

This will allow you to access the Galaxy's internal memory, and you can then copy and paste the photos to your computer.

Please remember to re-rate my service highly when done, or reply if you still need assistance.

Thanks!

Pete.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Karen,

I see you have again rated my service as poor.

What part of the instructions are you having difficulty with?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i dont appreciate being told to rate highly or what is the point of a ratings system if you tell customers what to put!

Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for any misunderstanding, but many customers don't realise a rating is required so that I receive a portion of their payment for my time. Without a rating, the entire deposit is retained, and a poor rating leaves a negative mark on my profile.

If you need any further assistance, just let me know and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Otherwise, please rate as you see fit :)

thanks,

Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have finally worked out how to get the photos onto my PC but can't get them onto my iPad ??
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Karen,

You can transfer the photos from your PC to the iPad by using iTunes to sync the photos on your PC to your iPad.

Start iTunes on the PC and connect your iPad. Select your iPad in the left column of iTunes. Then select Photos in the right column and choose which folders of photos on your PC you want to transfer to your iPad.

Best,

Pete :)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still can't see how to do it you said choose photos from right hand column but the set up is not as you describe
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
What version of iTunes are you using? (click on Help - About iTunes)
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Karen,

If you are using the latest version of iTunes, follow the 4 steps I have shown on the image below:

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am using iTunes 9 I don't know if this is an old version ??
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
The latest is version 10.
Does your version 9 appear as in the image I posted above?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The column saying devices doesn't appear
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
When you connect the iPad to the computer with the data cable, does a box pop up showing that the computer has detected the iPad?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it does ive tried clicking on it but its unclear what to do next

Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Good morning Karen!

iTunes should automatically start when you connect your iPad.
If it doesn't, then start it up manually.

Then let me know what you see in the left column if your iPad device is not showing there.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Karen,

I'm just following up to see how everything is going.

Did my answer help, or do you still need assistance?

Let me know,

thanks,

Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Problem solved but I have one more question about it how do I delete photos from my iPad?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Karen,

To delete photos created by the iPad, they can be deleted by pressing the Recycle button on each photo.

If the photos were transferred from the computer by synchronisation, then the only way to delete photos that were put there during a sync is to do another sync. But first you will need to uncheck the albums in iTunes that you do not want on your iPad then click Apply in iTunes.

Best regards,

Pete :)

Pete, Engineer
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Karen,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,

Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if i do another sync as you said will it automatically replace the previous photos and not copy them twice?

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Karen,

Yes, a sync will only transfer any new photos not already on your iPad, or remove photos from the iPad which are no longer in the folder on your computer. It will not create duplicates.

Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I need to delete all the photos that i dont want copied over to my ipad off the PC or is their a way to select them? When did it the first time I didn't get the option it just detected all the photos and copied them all.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Karen,

There are two options when setting up the iPad to sync with the photos on your PC:
You can either let it detect and copy all photos from the iPad, or only allow it to sync photos from certain folders, for example you could create a new folder specifically for the iPad and copy any photos to it that you want to sync with the iPad.

Try clicking on Photos in iTunes again and choose only the folder(s) of photos you want to transfer to your iPad. Then remove any unwanted photos that have already been transferred to it.