Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Hi I have a broken screen on my galaxy s11 how can I get my

Customer Question

Hi I have a broken screen on my galaxy s11 how can I get my data from the phone
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 4 years ago.
hi, thank you for using JA:

Can you tell me the operational system of your computer?

Regards!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Eng. my computer operating system is windows 7

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Can anyone tell me how to recover my contacts off my samsung galaxy s11with a broken screen

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

windows 7

Hello Peter,

Excellent. Now we will perform a little test to know if the computer recognizes the S2. I will assume that you cannot see anything in the phones screen, so you may not be able to troubleshoot if the screen is the only issue.

So, please, turn on your Galaxy S2 and connect it to your computer. Just tell me if the computer detects the S2 connected. You should see, on screen computer, a balloom saying that new hardware has been detected. If the computer detects the galaxy S2, we can save a part of the data stored in the phone. However, if the computer cannot see the S2, it's main board will be also defective, and the data cannot be recovered.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes my computer recognise my phone

Hello Peter,

Excellent. Now, connect the Galaxy S to your computer, and tell me if your computer see the phone as a Mass Storage Device or a New Device-this will tell me which kind of connection is performed. I will explain:

Your Galaxy S has 3 modes of connection to a computer. You could select which method do you prefer if you could see the phone's screen, but as we cannot change the mode of connection, we have to guess which mode was configured before the screen cracked.

So I need to know if you can see your mobile phone as removable mass storage device-for example, open "My Computer" in Windows and see if the phone is show up as a new disk drive or not.

Thanks!