Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

I am trying to upload pictures to my computer but it keeps

Customer Question

I am trying to upload pictures to my computer but it keeps telling me USB port not recognised. Everything else works in these ports (I have tried 4 of them so far. I have a Samsung L313 camera. I am getting most frustrated now. I paid nearly £200 for this camera and have only used it to list pics on Ebay. It also tells me to use a Root port (whatever that is!) but I have tried ALL the ports to no avail. I have also bought new usb leads - one minute it works, the next it doesn't. I have even uninstalled Samsung and reinstalled it but it still doesn't work. The camera itself works fine but it is useless if I am unable to upload pictures. Can you help - Is there somewhere I can send it to get it checked out or would it be cheaper to get another camera? The same thing is happening with my Nikon but when I put the usb lead in the screen goes black.

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I haven't received anything yet. It's now 3 days - I am not paying out more and more money - it must be the camera that is defective, in which case I will not be buying a Samsung again. Surely someone there can tell me one way or the other.

I will give it another 3 2 days then I'm done and want a refubnd.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** my #1 goal today is to provide you with Excellent Service .

Brief Intro
**When asked to Rate on my Service, and you're ready to Rate, please only select 'Excellent Service'.
**Please note that you are paying for my time in helping you, not whether or not the issue is repairable.

Let's get started

Have you tried connecting the camera to another Computer by chance? Sometimes computer USB Ports can become weak on their 5 volt lines and cause thise problem. Connecting it to another Computer will verify whether or not the issue is with the Camera or Computer.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Best Regards,

***** *****ndsey